LISA C. LEWIS, Firm Affiliate
Areas of Practice:
Admitted to Practice
- Nebraska, 1978; U.S. District Court, 1978
- Creighton University School of Law
- Northwestern University, Bachelor of Science in Journalism
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Omaha Bar Association
- Sarpy County Bar Association
- Former adjunct faculty in Communication Law, University of Nebraska, Omaha
- Former journalist, Sun Newspapers of Omaha; participated in Pulitzer Prize winning series of articles on Boys Town.
Lisa Lewis is a contract attorney with the Sarpy County Juvenile Court, representing parents and juveniles as counsel or guardian ad litem, in addition to her Family Law Practice. She has been in the private practice of law since graduating from Creighton Law School.
She is a lifelong resident of the Omaha area. She has been active in numerous civic and religious organizations, including the Anti-Defamation League (past president); Jewish Senior and Family Services; Planned Parenthood of Omaha-Council Bluffs; Through the Eyes of the Child Court Initiative; Temple Israel Synagogue Board; Tuesday Musical Concert Series, among others.
She and her husband received the 2010 University of Nebraska Medical Center Community Pride in Neuroscience Award for their support of summer internship programs for high school students and teachers.